Friday, January 16, 2009

Our Holiday in Stitches















Over the next several days I'm going to share holiday photos related to knitting. Pete's gray sweater is an Elizabeth Zimmermann Saddle Shoulder. I incorporated a Fisherman pattern from Gladys Thompson--one of the Scottish Fleet and some others. I don't remember which at the moment. I actually lengthened the yoke of the sweater quite a bit after this photo was taken. It is a fairly close-fitting sweater and the yoke did seem quite short. At first Pete thought it was fine but after wearing it for a day or two he asked that I fixed it. Fortunately I found the yarn (Cascade Greenland) in the same dyelot from Purlescense in CA. Two or three days after the yarn arrived in the mail I had it redone since I just had to knit from the armholes up.

I wrote about Torben's Guernsey a few months ago. It's been marinating here for a while, just waiting for snow and cold, which we definitely had at Christmas.



















I got a kick out of the way our 27 year old wrapped his gifts.
I'm including this photo for no particular reason except that I enjoy watching the three of them together. Since they live in different parts of the country we don't get to be together that often. Due to travel complications we only spent about 10 hours all together in the same place over the holidays, but it was GOOD!

3 comments:

The Knitted Squirrel said...

Your sweaters are Beautiful! I may have to give one a try for DH.

KPiep said...

What a gorgeous sweater! I'm glad you had the opportunity to have your family together again...I know how much that means to you!

Anonymous said...

Lovely sweaters, but oh my goodness, how the boys have grown ;) They look wonderful!

Printer Friendly

Print