Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Finished Damson...Plum Dandy!

Just for laughs, this is me trying to look like Ysolda Teague, the young Scottish designer who created Damson, Ishbel, Liesl, and other clever designs. I am holding the camera out with one hand here. Ysolda has a winsome, wistful look in many of her photos and I just look plain ol' silly. And the worst part (or best) is that this was one of the better photos. Just so you know.

I am so in love with Damson that I wore it on Monday when the temperature was over 80 degrees.

There is not a single thing I would change in making this shawl. Well, I did do the edges slightly differently, a technique I have already mentioned in this blog. Instead of knitting or slipping the first stitch do as follows: Knit to last stitch. Bring yarn forward and leave it there. Slip the last stitch. Turn work. Knit into the back of the first stitch. Makes a lovely, tidy edge.

I feel like starting another Damson right away but I have been invited to two baby (girl) showers in the next two weeks so bring on the pink!


The Knitted Squirrel said...

Very nice!

KPiep said...


And oh...I be able to take pictures like that woman would be fabulous!

Printer Friendly