Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Our House

We built a house this year and moved in about 3 months ago. I had a ball with the building process. It is something I have wanted to do for a long time. We finally found the property we were looking for. Although we are in a subdivision, it doesn't seem that way when we are in the house. From the main living areas (office, kitchen, sunporch, great room, and master bedroom) the views are to the woods. It feels like a vacation home in many ways.


Our former home was 100 years old and in the center of our small town. I do miss being so close to everything: library, post office, grocery, bank. I used to hop on my bicyle to run errands and I can't do that any longer. Other than that, I don't miss a thing about our old house although it will always be a special place for us. We raised our 3 sons there. We had remodeled every room, including the kitchen. We enlarged the kitchen and enhanced it with a bay window and custom cabinets. We added central air, high efficiency furnace, a large back porch, garage, and numerous other amenities. Thanks to all of these perks, we did not even have to list the house to sell it. When word got around that we were building several people approached us about buying it and it is now occupied by a family who loves it as much as we did.

Our new house is about 4 miles from the old one. I love sitting on the deck and looking into the trees. I won't ever get tired of it.












No comments:

Printer Friendly

Print