Thursday, December 6, 2007

Winter Dreams



In my bleary eyes of the early dawn of Dec 1 I knew immediately that our woods were different. It had snowed during the night. What a beautiful awakening! And even more so because I knew I didn't have to go out in it!




The sweater for my son is coming along nicely. I chose a cable pattern from Barbara G Walker's Charted Knitting. After knitting about 3 inches on the body I checked gauge again and it is perfect. I had also checked on sleeve #1. I've been knitting so much that my hand just below the left thumb is sore.


Our home is decorated for the holidays. I had invited my customers to the annual Holiday Open House last Saturday. The ice storm began in the morning, just before they began arriving. I was flattered that so many ventured forth on such a day! With a fire in the fireplace, it was a pleasant time for everyone.






No comments:

Printer Friendly

Print