Friday, March 6, 2009

California Bound!




Last Friday on the way to the airport I snapped a photo of my dad wearing the Ribbed Cap I made for his birthday in September. Isn't he the fashion maven? I like the jauntiness of the way he wears it. I think he will start a new trend. You read it here!






As we were waiting for the limo to the airport Mom saw that I was wearing a blue lace shawl from "way back". All I remember from making it is that the designer was Linda Carlson, pattern in Knitting World, and the border is called Oak Leaf and Acorn. The shawl draws compliments wherever I go. Anyway, not to be outdone, Mom whipped out a simple shawl in a royal blue cotton/maybe silk blend I had made for her years ago. Honestly, I don't remember it at all! Here she is stepping out in the street at LAX looking for my brother's car. Doesn't she look great? A lady at the airport said she thought the shawl probably had come from an expensive boutique.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How totally cool! Knitting World seems like forever ago, but I still hear from Linda at Christmas :)

Printer Friendly

Print