Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I went for a a whole day without knitting.  It was tough but I did it.  And it is 10 AM today (Friday) and I haven't knitted yet.  I'm proud of me. ;)

All the photos are from Thanksgiving Day at my sister's home.
I baked two deep dish apple pies.  Apple is my favorite.  I use a lot of cinnamon.

I like to decorate the top crust.  This makes me happy.


Pete, Andy, and Eric enjoy the snow on the deck.


Pete wore the sweater I made for him last Christmas.  Isn't it a perfect fit for my fine son?


My brother-in-law made bread pudding that had loads of butter and other healthful ingredients, including brandy in the sauce.

Bob is telling a story to Mom and Dad.

Dad, Mom and Bob relaxing after our meal.

Gathering in the kitchen.

Now today we're at my parents' home.  My sister and my nephew's girlfriend are making gift tags with a machine.  My brother and my dad are playing a flight simulator game.  Mom is bustling around the house.  Bob is upstairs doing school work.  The rest of the menfolk are out on the annual clay pigeon shoot.  And I'm about to get out my knitting.

3 comments:

Kathleen Kibblehouse said...

How about that snow in St. Louis!
That sweater on your son is just gorgeous. I'm sure he adores it too - and how good of him to wear it in front of you - he's a good boy.
Safe trip home.

Mette said...

That sweater is fabulous. And the good thing is that he is full-grown.

KPiep said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun! And your son's sweater is fantastic. VERY good of him to wear it for you...although I suspect he's much like my husband and knows that type of behavior might get him more sweaters.

Printer Friendly

Print