Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Little Glitch in the Fam

Earlier this week Mom and my sister were out for a well-deserved walk.  Mom slipped on black ice and broke her arm in two places.  We are hoping she does not need surgery on her arm. My sister has been living here with them for several weeks and arranging the home help.  So now I am down here helping out as best I can.

It is a real challenge keeping our energetic Mom quiet.  Will keep posting here as there is news.  It is about 75 degrees outside and feels like spring!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Paula! So sorry to hear about your Mom's broken arm. So wonderful you can be there to help. Give her my best.

angela said...

She just knew that 75 degrees was on it's way and couldn't miss an opportunity to get out in the sun?! I know just how easy it is to fall and break now. I hope healing is fast. Is she a knitter too?

KPiep said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom! Please give her my best, and I will keep you all in my prayers.

And I completely understand...keeping someone who is normally a go-getter quiet so that they can heal can be - ahem - difficult at times, so hang in there!

Barb R. said...

Paula!

Our company secretary broke her wrist in the same way! Such are the hazards of winter!

Keep her safe and yourself sane as you care for her.

Barb R.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your mom, Paula! At least, if she's still perky, she must be doing well. When do you expect to know about surgery?

It's been feeling like spring around here too, although not so warm as 75. And tonight we're expecting a "strong storm system" to bring a foot or so of snow over the weekend.

As you say each week, "Keep your knitting close!"

Knitting is Gluten Free said...

Paula, you and your family are in my prayers.

Kathleen Kibblehouse said...

Oh dear Paula! I'm so sorry. Keep me in mind PLEASE as I am right here in St. Louis and would be happy to help out as needed - running errands, cooking, or sitting and knitting. Hugs and good thoughts headed your way.

Printer Friendly

Print