Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Knitting Books on my Doorstep







When Interweave Press had a scratch and dent sale a few weeks ago I ordered two books. Quite frankly, I had totally forgotten about them until they appeared in my mailbox today. What a wonderful surprise from Me to Me! Folk Knitting in Estonia by Nancy Bush is so full of beautiful mitten, glove, and sock patterns that I don't even know where to begin on the list of ones I would like to make. Most, if not all of them, are knit on a very fine gauge of 8 to 9 stitches to the inch on size 0, or smaller for us more relaxed knitters. Vivian Hoxbro's Shadow Knitting is a book I've admired for a while. The technique will be new to me. If you have tried the Shadow Knitting technique and have a project to recommend, I am open to suggestions.

1 comment:

KPiep said...

Oh how exciting! New books are always fun, and Nancy Bush's book is a treat.

Printer Friendly

Print