Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Off the Beaten Path--another Wisconsin Shop

Somewhere in the midst of my notes I forgot to blog about the last stop on our yarn safari, Off the Beaten Path Yarnhouse in Monona. Carol and I had a great time here, chatting with Karen, the owner, and browsing through the rooms of beautiful fiber. The special focus of this shop is natural fiber of all kinds and offerings of local artists. We were impressed by their wide range of natural fibers (95% of their offerings), the friendly atmosphere, and their commitment to global charities and causes.

Carol tried on one of the shawls in the Relaxing Room.




Among the patterns I purchased was Sonoma Shawl by Oat Couture. I like the sample in the shop, knit with sport weight yarn, a size for a petite person like me.

I also bought

  • Flirty Tank by Y2knit
  • Heartbeat Sweater by Just One More Row






We watched Karen upack boxes of new inventory.
I'm sure Carol and I will visit Off the Beaten Path again the next time we go on Yarn Safari in Wisconsin. It is a wonderful shop and definitely worth a visit.

1 comment:

KPiep said...

The Relaxing Room? I think I need one of those!

Printer Friendly

Print