Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring is a Bluebird Whisper Cardigan

I am officially obsessed with the Whisper Cardigan by Hannah Fettig from Spring 2009 Interweave Knits. I ordered 3 skeins of Knit Picks Gloss Lace(70% merino, 30% silk), which is 1 skein too many for sure. I believe each skein is $3.99 so this is a very economical sweater in luxury yarn. The color is Bluebird and I absolutely LOVE it! Friday evening I cast on for the first sleeve and I'm already knitting across the back. On this pattern you use several needle sizes and since I'm a loosey goosey knitter, my largest needle is a size 5. I eliminated the bell on the sleeve and also lengthened the sleeve to 3/4 instead of elbow length. The design is quite unique. It is a shame that Interweave Knits did not provide a schematic for this pattern. Thanks to all the Ravelry knitters who have gone before me in this venture. Your notes are very helpful.
Saturday afternoon I walked in our woods. I should say "climbed" in our woods since much of it is hilly. At the bottom of the ravine we have a very winding creek. Several small morels poked their spongy masses through the dead leaves but I did not pick them because I didn't find enough to cook.
Spring is my favorite time of the year. Each day brings new surprises.


KPiep said...

Last year my Dad found morels for the first time ever...and he's been looking for my entire life! We had quite the feast.

I can't wait to see your finished cardigan! I know it's been a really popular design, but I haven't gone looking for any finished projects on real people yet. I'm sure it will be wonderful.

imrippe said...

pretty color for the cardigan!

Marie said...

What a gorgeous soft blue you are knitting with!
I agree with your assessment of Ravelry project notes. Whenever I have a question with a certain project, I look there first. I also love to read the comments to get a sense of if the pattern was fun to knit or not. Gosh, whatever did we do before Ravelry?

Printer Friendly