Monday, July 20, 2009

Teeny Tiny Shoes

Tiny Shoes by Ysolda Teague were knit on July 4th. It took me a whole day and a lot of knitting to complete a pair. The first bootie turned out way too small and on top of that I seemed to have trouble figuring right from left. Fortunately, I had the excellent company of fellow knitter, Carol, and a lovely view of the lake as the needles clicked away.


I was a little disappointed with the Knit Picks Essential Kettle Dyed Fingering Weight wool (superwash). There were only a few places where subtle variations of color were visible. Only the most discerning eye can detect them. The booties appear to be solid navy.





I found two of these buttons in my button box. If I make another pair of these I might just sew the button to the end of the eye cord and fasten a snap below. I'm not sure how well the button and its big fat loop will hold, although I felt a button with a shank stood more of a chance.


Tiny shoes are very high on the cuteness scale.










1 comment:

KPiep said...

Yes, they certainly are very high on the cuteness scale! Those are awefully precious.

Printer Friendly

Print