Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Little Present to Myself

Last week I treated myself to hand-dyed fingering weight wool from The Woolen Rabbit. I learned about this wool on Meghan's Stitch it Podcast. My goal is to own a skein of every color. Then I would roll in them. Naw. The two skeins of Oh, Ruby! are Kashmir, a blend of merino wool and cashmere. Pure decadence. The other two skeins are merino superwash. Scottish Heather is less purple than the top photo indicates (more like the second photo) and really does recall the beauty of the Scottish moors. How could I resist?The green skein is called "Ribbit". It has bits of brown and gold mixed in with the loveliest green. These are my Easter Eggs. Based on my purchase the photos on the shop website are very close to reality. The wool came wrapped in pretty paper too. I highly recommend a visit to The Woolen Rabbit's shop.










3 comments:

KPiep said...

I already have some on my wish list....

joyknits said...

Ooh,nice! Does she also have roving/top?

Skein said...

That is gorgeous yarn indeed!

Printer Friendly

Print