Friday, March 12, 2010

Weavers Wool Mini Shawl

Knitting this shawl was pure mindless pleasure. The pattern is a free one by Peggy Pignato. Knit Picks City Tweed is a very soft blend of merino and alpaca. I used the color Romance for the body of the sweater and edged it with Orca. (The 2nd and 3rd photos show the color most accurately. )I like the rustic, folksy aura of this shawl. It is very cozy and the shape keeps it on the shoulders.

I started the shawl in a different way than the pattern recommended. Basically I knit a long garter stitch strip and picked up stitches along the bottom edge and one side. Specific notes are on my Ravelry Projects page.

This weekend I'm going to try to finish the Fair Isle Vest!




2 comments:

KPiep said...

Perhaps it's because I'm a tad bit chilly this afternoon....but your wee shawl is looking very cozy right now! (I think I'll go grab one of mine....)

Am Printex said...

Nice Pashmina Shawl blog and i will share to my friends. Also i suggest Woolen Shawl.

Printer Friendly

Print