Monday, October 22, 2007

Why Did I Agree to This?

A few months ago an acquaintance asked whether I would be a model for a camera club workshop. At the time it sounded as if it might be a good experience but as the actual date drew closer I found myself dreading it. At first I imagined that it might be outdoors with all the beautiful fall colors and I would be piping on a hillside with people snapping away. I found out a week beforehand that it was all indoors. Fortunately I had only committed to 2 hours. I certainly complained enough to my husband and also to myself all last week. Why I had agreed to this, I don't know. It turned out to be every bit as boring as I thought it would be. The workshop was held in a basement with all artificial lighting. The models were a beautiful 17 year old girl, a clown, and me-the-piper. I probably fell somewhere between the gorgeous girl and the clown. Lesson learned! Think before you say "yes". Why photographers would want to spend a whole beautiful fall day indoors is beyond me.

When I arrived home we began preparing our back yard for seeding. We would like to restore the woodland as close to the house as possible but in the meantime we need some grass to control erosion. That project lasted until around 5:30 p.m. at which time we left for a bonfire party. Sunday afternoon we finished our grass project. Today we've had a fine mist of rain all afternoon. Perfect timing! Rain is also predicted for the next four days.

I started taking Tai Chi today which was very interesting. I've practiced yoga for several years and have wanted to take Tai Chi but I couldn't find a class at a convenient time. I missed the first two sessions so it was a bit of a catch up for me. After the class I stopped at the library to get a video tape so I can bone up before the next session.

The baby kimono and booties are nearly finished now and I'm getting ready to order yarn for the Anne of Green Gables KAL. I'm going to knit a shawl called Meadow Flowers from Knitter's Stash.

Tomorrow I will post beautiful fall photos! The leaves are in their glory now!

No comments:

Printer Friendly

Print