Saturday, January 12, 2008

Home again

I have been away on business, and hence, no posting. The days prior to a trip are always hectic. The fact that my flight left at 6:05 a.m. last Wed meant that I had to be at the airport by 5 a.m.; which meant getting up an hour before that. What a long day that was! The older I become the harder I find it to be away from my own home. I miss my quiet time, my woods, my teapot and oh yes, my husband. When my children were small I rather enjoyed such a break, although I always missed them and was glad to get back home. When I am away I find that I enjoy going to sleep by mentally "walking through" my home sends me off to sleep in a pleasant way.

I have been knitting dishcloths and having a ball with them. Will take some photos tomorrow.

A few weeks ago I bought a sewing machine. We gave my old one to charity when we moved but I found that now and then I needed to run a hem or stitch something. This one is sooooo frustrating. It is a Singer "Simple". Oh boy. I have read the book, watched the video, threaded the machine and the bobbin. I began sewing a practice swatch and the needle got stuck. I am not a novice at sewing, having sewn many articles of clothing for both myself and my children. This reminds me why I prefer knitting. NO mechanical devices to deal with! My husband tried to help me and we finally decided to put it aside until tomorrow.

No comments:

Printer Friendly

Print