Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just for Fun


I guess I'm rather late to the dishcloth craze although I have made a few. I didn't know there were so many possibilities until I got on Ravelry. Mason-Dixon Knitting gave me a fresh outlook on the dishcloth. I've enjoyed choosing colors without worrying whether they would actually look good on any human being (some of them wouldn't). As I knit the classic ballband cloth I felt as if I were in a sort of color trance. Then I progressed to the Petal Dishcloth which is round with 12 segments. That was great fun and perfect for airport knitting. Now that I have more than enough for every day of the week, I'm starting on a baby sweater.


4 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

The dishcloths look great! I love the bright, cheery colors you used. I must say that it makes my store-bought green and white cloths really, really sad.

Paula said...

Thank you. I have to admit I was a bit of a dishcloth snob, thinking they were too mundane to knit. But the very fact that they are used so often makes them knit-worthy.

Hoc Age said...

Better late than never, though I haven't yet. The ones you knitted are darling, I too love the colours. If you wouldn't mind, could you tell us what yarn you used? Thanks!

Paula said...

Certainly! I used "Peaches and Cream" in whatever colors struck my fancy. The brightest one is called "Gumdrop". The yellow and white is "Daisy Ombre". It is 100% cotton. There are loads of colors that change frequently at our local stores. Check out www.peaches-creme.com.

Printer Friendly

Print