Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stripes for Baby G

This little sweater was knitted for George Edward P. since he will surely outgrow his preemie sweater quite soon. The pattern is Super-Natural Stripes by Fawn P. Notes and pattern link are on my Ravelry Projects Page. Thank you FP for a nice little freebie pattern. This is the second time I have used this pattern and I do enjoy playing with the stripes of color in the yoke. The sweater is knitted top down in one piece. The front band is picked up and knitted last but since there are no buttonholes to muck up the works, it is quite easy to do. I had fun playing with the colors and mixed several yarn types--all 100% cotton or cotton blends. Before blocking, this was a pretty sorry sight and I wasn't sure it was going to work. I should by now have more trust in the blocking process.



A crocheted loop suffices for the single button on this little sweater. I enjoyed looking through my jars of vintage buttons for just the right one.




2 comments:

joyknits said...

Really cute sweater - the button looks just right!

KPiep said...

Adorable! I went from having no babies to knitting for this year to two, and that makes me very happy.

Printer Friendly

Print