Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Books

I see it has been a while since I updated. The Fiesta Mittens will be finished soon. I am almost done with the second mitten, except for both thumbs.


The microwave smoke damage is almost cleared up completely. I began putting food back into the cupboard today. As for the microwave itself, we'll have to see whether we can restore it to its former self. The lingering odor of smoke is very unpleasant. At the moment it is banished to the garage.


A book order arrived from Amazon today. It seemed to take a very long time in comparison to other orders I have placed there. I ordered 4 books--all about knitting! Isn't that amazing? (I noticed that I use exclamation points too frequently and there is one cropping up already.)





One of the new books is Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. There is a lot more to this book than the title implies. In addition to some fun projects there is a chapter on exploring color, wrapping handknit gifts, and some basic knitting instruction with clear drawings. I'm glad I bought it. More on the other books later.





These photos are just to remind me that spring is coming soon. We've had a very snowy winter.



No comments:

Printer Friendly

Print